Before I start, I must warn you guys, I am reaching breaking point!
It has been over 2 weeks now since we had our eating for fat loss seminar and almost all of you are not sticking with the plan for various reasons and this frustrates me to no end. I am here for you guys, I want you to ask me any questions you have. There is no such thing as a stupid question, so don’t keep guessing at what is right and wrong. The only thing I ask is that you write it on the forum so that when I answer, everyone can benefit from it.
Firstly I want to clarify things and tell you what I am and am not not on a few subjects;
The am not’s
- My desire to help you: I am not Bored and just write these blogs because I have nothing better to do believe me!
- My Motives: I am not making money off my blog or forum, they are simply there as tools to help you and they took me a lot of work to create.
- Protein supplements: I am not affiliated with any protein powder company. When you go online to buy the powder it has nothing to do with me, I have simply found the cheap websites to save you money.
- Junk food: I am not some sort a freak of nature who only desires to eat healthy food, I love junk food just as much as the next person, but I know it is a sometimes food.
- My desire to help you: I am very busy and have a lot going on in my life, just like all of you, but I truly care about you and whether you lose weight. In fact, I think I care more than you do yourself. Just ask my wife Hannah, she is the one who has to listen to me whinge bout you all the time.
- My motives: I write these blogs and create these forums so that you can learn and be motivated and hopefully hear what other people are also experiencing which may help to motivate you on your journey.
- Protein supplements: I have tried to find you the most natural protein supplements at the cheapest prices, but If you would prefer to not use the links to the natural protein powders I have supplied, then please feel free to go to the shop, pay more and buy an inferior product. I have found a protein bar that is all natural and tastes great and I am supplying them to my clients at a price cheaper than you can get anywhere else, but once again, if you would prefer to pay more and get an inferior product, please feel free to go to the shop.
- Junk food: I am just like you, I love naughty food too, but I understand it has to be in moderation. so please don’t look at me when I tell you not to eat something like I am just talking for the sake of talking and I don’t understand how it feels to go without. Far from it.
Now that you understand I have only your best intentions at heart, please listen to me and heed my advice, you will succeed if you follow my guidance, but if you keep making it up in your own little world, according to what you think is right, then don’t expect the results you could otherwise get.
Now as the title suggests, you are all making it too hard. Keep it simple!
Don’t waste hours on planning menus, planning meals, searching the internet for more advice. It is unnecessary, time consuming and downright confusing!
This is not a diet, it is changing the way you eat for life. “If you cannot stick to a simple way of eating for life, then it is a diet and when you go off the diet, you will fail”
Think about what you want to eat for dinner. I will give you an example for an average female. I would like chicken stir fry – ok then, cut up 90g chicken, add as much good veggies as you like, add a dash of soy or oyster sauce and sesame oil. Done! Was that hard? Did I need to search the internet for that? Would you normally search the internet for what you are going to eat for dinner?
Please write to me on the forum and tell me what you want for lunch or dinner and I will simplify it for you.
How about a lunch for an average male. I think I will have ham and salad sandwich – ok then, buy 150g ham, spread avocado onto two slices of multigrain bread, throw on the ham, put in some salad from the good list and you’re done. Was that hard! Did that require hours of thinking?
Go and buy some digital kitchen scales. Please guys go and buy them, please. They cost about $30 and you leave them on your kitchen counter. Can you tell me how you know the weight of your meat if you are not weighing it? Can you please tell me how long it takes to weight a piece of meat? If it is an individual serve of meat, put a plate on the scales and before you cook it, put it on the plate on the scales to get it to the correct weight. If it is a roast or taco meat etc, as you are serving, put your plate on the scales then put the meat on the plate, get the correct amount then sit down and eat. A very easy way to do it with chicken breast etc is to cut it into the correct weighted portions then freeze it in those portions. After a while, you will be able to eye fairly well what your portion size should look like. If not, no harm in weighing when you are at home.
Don’t bash the protein supplements! I am so over hearing you all tell me what you had for morning tea or afternoon tea. Can you guess the most common thing? Nothing, yes, that’s right, nothing. No time apparently. No time to unwrap a protein bar eat on it’s own or mix up a shake and put it with an apple and nuts. No time and then when asked why they don’t have a shake, I get 2 answers. Firstly, I don’t like the taste of them. Well, suck it up and make a sacrifice so you can lose some weight for once. Not only that, I am sure you haven’t tried either of the 2 that I have recommended. Secondly, I don’t want a processed product. Well, stop eating bread, stop eating yogurt, stop eating half the shit you eat. Whey protein is the protein removed from dairy, yogurt is also a product made from dairy, believe it or not, cows don’t squeeze out yogurt, especially strawberry yogurt. Milk itself does not come out pastuerised, homogenised and bastardized either, it too is processed. Don’t even worry about the bread, if you eat bread and not protein powder for this non-processed reason, then…
Yes, protein shake is sustainable for life, the healthy ones anyway. There is a massive market of protein shakes out there for a reason, and that is because of convenience. No-one wants to eat that much meat. Go to a gym and spend some time with some fit looking people and ask them if they use a protein supplement. Don’t ask them which one they use as I am sure it is one full of artificial everything. Please don’t come to me and tell me about the powder you got from where ever, I only know of 3 all natural powders on the market and I have told you about 2 of them.
Remember the bad carbs on those lists earned their own reputation but how they rate on the glycemic index, not because I hate them. Also remember that they are on that list and so is their proportions, so if you want to eat them, then eat them, they’re on their for a reason, just stick to the proportion.
So now I would like you all to go away and when I ask you next week about what you ate, I want to hear simple balanced meals, nothing too different from what you used to eat except that it has the correct portion size and proportions.
I would also like you to get on the forum and give feedback and ask questions. I set you all up on their to make it easy for you, not so I could waste an hour of my time.
I can’t help you unless you want to help yourself, but for everyday that you don’t kick into action, their is someone else who is losing weight and heading to their goal and it could just as easily be you!
Post all comments etc etc etc to the forum here.