NOsugarVEMBER is over!
Well done to everyone who participated in NOsugarVEMBER and gave up the sweet death for 30 days.
I am positive you feel better and have dropped bodyfat. I hope now you can put some new found habits into place to make your lifestyle a little healthier. Remember, cutting sugar from your diet is not all about weight loss. More importantly, it is about health as sugar is very, very bad for our bodies!
Here is an article I wrote a long time ago about how bad sugar is for us
I am sure a few of you will indulge today as a reward to yourself for lasting out the 30 days and if it is only one treat, it is fine. I am a realist and I understand that whilst in a perfect world, we wouldn’t consume sugar, but I know it is not the reality. Sugar is all around us and is very addictive, so let’s put the focus on reducing our intake rather than eliminating it. Having said that, if you can eliminate it completely, then well done, I am stoked for you. For the rest of us, let’s put solid plans into place for our sugar reduction policy.
- No soft drink ever
- No bottled fruit juice ever
- Alcohol only once or twice per week on special occasions
- Sweets only once or twice per week- ice cream, chocolate, cakes etc
- No lollies or cookies or chocolates from a jar at work, it is completely unnecessary
- Encourage your workplace to have fruit or healthy options for the ever present morning and afternoon teas
- If you have cake or the like at work for a morning or afternoon tea, then make sure it is counted in your 1 or 2 sweet treats per week
- No sugar in tea or coffee
- No dried fruit, it is not a health food
- Pasta, bread, rice and potato are condiments to accompany a meal of protein and vegetables or salad. They are not the main component to a meal and should only take up 1/3 of the plate or less
- Look for lower sugar varieties of yogurt as they can have lots of hidden sugar
- Never have artificial sweeteners. They are bad chemicals and they trigger the brain to crave sweet things
Good luck to everyone on your quest for sugar freedom, better health and your optimal bodyfat levels.