There are many opinions on what ratio of carbs to protein to fat you should consume.
My preferred ratio is 50:30:20 of carbs to protein to fat.
So, if you have done your calculation from Calories Part 1 to work out your recommended daily consumption and if for example, you should be consuming 2267 to lose 1 kg body fat per fortnight, then you would work out your ratios as such:
- 2267 x 50% = 1133 Calories from Carbohydrates
- 2267 x 30% = 680 Calories from Protein
- 2267 x 20% = 453 Calories from Fat
Don’t forget to factor in your calories form alcohol as well.
Now it is much easier to work out your consumption based on grams of food rather than calories, so I will show you how to work that out below, it is very easy.
- There are 4 calories in 1 gram of Carbohydrate
- There are 4 calories in 1 gram of Protein
- There are 9 calories in 1 gram of Protein
Alcohol has roughly 1/2 to 1 calorie per ml, depending on which alcohol it is. That’s a lot considering a beer has around 375ml’s in it.
So to work out your daily consumption, you would work it out as such:
- 1133 divided by 4 = 283 grams of Carbohydrates per day
- 680 divided by 4 = 170 grams of protein per day
- 453 divided by 9 = 50 grams of fat per day
Take me to Calories Part 1
Fitta Bodies Personal Training
Group Fitness Centennial Park, Sydney